The Resource Geology Department of Oyu Tolgoi LLC, a mining company conducting extensive
exploration and project development in Mongolia, is accepting applications for the role of (6)
Contract Geologist with casual contract of 8 months in Oyu Tolgoi mine site.
Applicants must demonstrate excellent work ethics and possess the following qualifications:
• Experience in geotechnical and geological core logging
• A demonstrated commitment to safety
Desirable Job Requirements / Training:
• Fluency in English
• Understanding of acQuire software and computer databases
• Ability to handle intense workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds.
• Excellent interpersonal skill
• Computer literacy skill
• Good team player
• Ability to work independently
• Self motivation
Duties and responsibilities:
• Build a solid understanding of the geology of the Oyu Tolgoi orebodies through literature
reviews, familiarisation with drill core and discussions with site geologists.
• Develop an understanding of geotechnical and geological logging protocols.
• Day to day execution of geotechnical and geological logging to the required standard.
• Ensuring all data has been checked for quality and imported and stored appropriately in acQuire.
• Generation of daily logging reports.
• Actively participate in all HSEC related activities and demonstrate commitment to established
standards through actions of self and encouraging positive behaviour in others.
• Other project work as directed by the Resource Geology Manager.
• Collaborate with members of the Geosciences Section and Underground Geotechnical Team.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Employees of the subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi site are strongly encouraged to
- Filled out “OT” LLC Vacancy Application Form (with 1 copy 3x4 size Photo)
- CV and Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
- A copy of all Diplomas and Certificates (Notarized)
- A copy of ID and Driving License (Notarized)
- A copy of Social and Health Insurance Books (Notarized)
- Reference or Recommendation Letters from current and/or previous employer
- Reference letter for permanent place of domicile from governor
notify their employer of their intent to apply for a job with Oyu Tolgoi LLC.
To the following address before 05:30 PM on April 28th, 2011
“Monnis Tower”, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District, Tel: 976-11-331880
Ulaanbaatar-14240, MONGOLIA Fax: 976-11-331885
South Gobi province, Dalanzadgad soum
3-r bag, ‘Tost Gobi’ LLC building Tel: 976 -1532 23963
Oyu Tolgoi LLC representative office Fax: 976-11-331890
South Gobi province, Khanbogd soum Tel: 976 - 153512194
Tsag-Uur 1-5 976 - 153512188
Oyu Tolgoi LLC branch office
Construction Site Office (CSO #2) Tel: 976-75751011
HR department of Oyu Tolgoi LLC 976-331880 -6148
South Gobi province, Oyu Tolgoi site
Vacancy Application Form is available at the Oyu Tolgoi LLC UB office, Dalanzadgad office,
Khanbogd office and at Oyu Tolgoi site HR department as well as at the company web site:
All successful candidates must be medically cleared
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating